Monday

Newbie Blogging: The Series (Prelude)

Seems like it was just yesterday that I started this blog. I've been a blog reader for years, but I had absolutely no idea as to what it took to make a popular blog. Well, what a difference a year makes.

As you guys already know, this can be a pretty lively blog at times. I mean just look at the commentary I received on part 2 of "The Keshia Interview".

Go on, see it for yourself.

The feedback on that particular post was almost completely through the roof and I have you guys to thank for that. One thing you were not aware of is that I also received a lot of feedback directly via e-mail as well.



In fact, one reader suggested that I write an article on blogging.....Can you believe it?? Little old me, doing an article on blogging?

Preposterous!!


Photo credit: cheezburger.com

I completely disregarded it. "My focus is on health & alternative medicine and that is what I'm sticking to" I thought to myself. 

At first, only one reader sent that suggestion to me.....then gradually over a period of a few days I received a total of 16 e-mails & even three phone calls from folks that I know. They were all echoing the same thing "blog about blogging".

Recently, I partially conceded and extended an open invitation to come guest blog on KurtMIND. If you haven't had the opportunity to check out the offer here is a link to the original post

I really don't consider myself to be all that good at blogging, but as one of my friends told me, "If you've got all these folks asking you to do it then there must be a legitimate interest in the subject & you need to cater to your readers requests." 


Photo credit: noehill.com

This got me to thinking (yes, I do that from time to time, you know...) maybe there is something to this. Maybe I should give at least a few tips here and there.


 So, I looked at what everyone else was doing (what I mean by that is what blogging/marketing blogs were teaching). I visited several blogs (a list will be forthcoming by the way..) to hopefully glean some knowledge. 

 All I can say is "WOW".

These guys and gals really know their stuff. I know that I am by far NOT an authority on the subject, but I may be able to add a little something to the conversation....

What do you think? Let us know in the comments below!

Coming Soon: Newbie Blogging Part 1

Like what you're reading? We knew you would! Get instant access to all future KurtMIND updates! Join The Health Revolution!! Sign up using our sign-up options in the "Followers" box to the right! Get the RSS feed too! Don't get left behind! "Your Health Is Your Wealth!!"

SIGN UP BELOW: WE HATE SPAM TOO!

Enter your email address below:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...